Friday, May 14, 2010

Rainy days and Fridays

Oh sigh, Barbados.  Thank you, thank you for the rain today.  While the girls are watching Maggie and the Ferocious Beast on video and spaghetti is on the boil, thought I could steal a few minutes to give praise to the somewhat cooler rainy day on offer.  Don't get me wrong, it is so humid that even the Dominican hair straightening may not hold, but there is very little sun...and this means our house is not heated to sweat lodge temps. 

We are on the mend, but slowly.  The antihistamines given for this rash leaves us in a total fog.  The hubby said, "I'd better not take it until tonight or I might cut my fingers off in the kitchen."  It's REALLY funny with the French accent and the straight face.  It has been nice for the nap and bedtimes for Virginie.  No problem last night and today's nap was glorious.

Even though we cannot eat the mangoes, I still collected them this afternoon and there were some other beautiful sights in the garden sometimes lost in the blinding sunlight and heat.  Because of the torrential downpours last night and this morning, coconuts fell, just missing the car and we are thankful for the coco water and pieces of coconut we will eat this weekend.


With no school tomorrow, Lily gets to stay up a little later and bath time does not have the same urgency.  Virginie will go down soon and Lily and I will finally get some quality Mommy and Lily time.  It's hard to do sometimes with all the chaos of running this household and taking care of the girls mostly alone, but I want them to always remember this time well, even if I don't love it.  We do for our kids.
It's spaghetti and salad for Lily and turkey franks, rice and beans for Virginie tonight.  What?  They get the good food when Papa is home.  Mommy feeds for filling and the least amount of dramatics at feeding time.  I hear the little frogs getting started and Lily's evening lecture series on her day has begun.  Until tomorrow.

(c)copyright 2010. Citymominthejungle

No comments:

Post a Comment